30/09/2011

Impressions,


























ATTITUDE _Marrakech&Essaouira_

Passing by a kiosque in Chiado to buy my favourite portuguese magazine, got that pleasant surprise :Art, Design, Architecture, Style.....ATTITUDE issue about Marrakech&Essaouira.

Sometimes I wonder if people in Europe really know what Morocco is,
Apart beaches, surf, tourism and holidays....
A country where values, words are important,
Country where the "art de vivre", has inspired designers, artists, poetes, cooks, painters, movies...... and still,
A country where we live with refinement, and where everything exists with art,
A country that is in the top 10 of the most luxurious destinations in the world,
A country that has the strongest culture and tradition in the arabic world, mixed with a very open minded mentality to embrace whatever is new.....
A country where women are the most emancipated in the arabic world, they are tough, strong, and the best for business,
Where no one dies starving, where everyone shares everything, from the heart,

When you are hosted in a moroccan house, the fascination you feel about the slightest details takes you into a journey throughout food, decoration, music, lights, flavours, scents.....Everything!
When you have a moroccan friend, you can be sure that he is close to you, more than family can be, he says, he does, you need him, he will be there for you.....
One day, an Italian friend told me,
"when you date a Moroccan woman, you enter in a realm full of magic, delicacy and mystery .... the charisma, the hair, the eyes, the smile, the way they move, and the way they know how to take care of men....You cannot go back to "normality", she can leave you if you don't value her, but you can never leave or forget her"

.......

By living in abroad since 7 years, working in famous groups, knowing famous people, traveling, visiting good places......I concluded that the majority of Europeans missed it all!!!
Looking through their ego of being "in the community"....they missed life,
I still get surprised by their ignorance, narrow mind, and judgment.....

I remember how I laughed when a frenchy asked me, "oh I never imagined that a Muslim girl can be dressed like this, so, how does it feel to be in europe? you don't have to wear the veil here huh?", then I replied "have you ever been to morocco or an arabic country?", he said :"no", then I said: "then may be you should visit, rather than watch Muslim TV"
Another one asked me "ah you speak french so well, without accent, are you french with moroccan origins", I said "No, I learned arabic and french at the same time, and my parents always talked to me both languages", then she said with a surprised look "Oh your parents speak french ???and how many languages you speak?", then I replied with the smile "5 languages, and you?"....then she said: "I speak french, and can have a basic talk in english....."!!!
In my first job in Paris, in the architecture department of Louis Vuitton, every morning I brought croissant for everyone, not to eat alone in front of them, after 4 times, they started asking me if I was trying to get something from my boss doing that, and I said, "no in my culture, it's impolite to eat in front of the others without sharing, so I bring for everyone....", could it be any worse??? Yes ... :)
One day, I was wearing a short skirt, and a collegue passed and said "u shouldn't be wearing short things, u are muslim", I replied "because I have the body that fits with it......", ok ok a bit bitchy, but she deserved it..........

Last week I was talking with my master about europeans, how they think they are the best ..... and that they should be the reference, does it have a relation with colonization ? for sure....

but why portuguese forget their history then? and forget that they have arab blood....culture, architecture, art.....and names everywhere, how can they act racist, or overproud, with their own roots, instead of considering it a wealth?.....

The only reason I can find for that questions is : IGNORANCE!

So, read, watch and learn
;)





Aucun commentaire: